What Size Thanksgiving Turkey
Should You Buy
When I buy a turkey for Thanksgiving or Christmas, I want to make sure I have plenty left over afterwards. So I always buy a larger bird than I know I will need for
the main dinner. Bear in mind that the following weights are for uncooked turkeys and make the appropriate allowances depending on your goals.
- Make a list of the number of people you will be serving. Remember that children eat smaller portions than adults and that a large group of adult males can consume
quite a lot of food, and even come back for more. You might also have vegetarians or vegans attending, so allow for that too.
- To have some moderate leftovers, figure on having enough for 1 pound of unstuffed turkey per person. If you want more leftovers, allow 1.3 pounds per person and you
should be safe.
- If you're just buying a turkey breast, allow 3/4 pounds per person. For boneless turkey breast, allow 1/2 pound per guest.
- Allow about 1-1/4 pounds per guest if you're buying a pre-stuffed, frozen turkey.
- Turkeys come as small as a few pounds and as large as 40 pounds, though you should find the majority available at the grocery store range around 10-15 pounds.
The large the bird is, the higher proportion of meat to bone.
- Larger birds allow you the flexibility of freezing cooked parts to use at a later date.
How to Make Thanksgiving Decorations
How to Make a Thanksgiving Cornucopia
Decorating the Children's Thanksgiving Table
Decorating Elegant Christmas Trees
How to Buy a Turkey
How to Carve a Turkey
Decorating Wreaths and Trees
THANKSGIVING TURKEYS - SIZE OF TURKEYS - HOW TO BUY A TURKEY - HOW TO BUY A THANKSGIVING TURKEY - HOW TO BUY A CHRISTMAS TURKEY - TURKEY
RECIPES - HOLIDAY TURKEYS - CHRISTMAS TURKEY
Handy Links to Our Decorating Products
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR FREE DECORATING NEWSLETTER
Get free tips, discounts, notice of special sales, new product announcements sent to your email automatically ($147.00 value). This is a double opt-in newsletter. You must confirm your request when asked to do so by email. We respect your privacy and will never share your information with anyone. Be sure and whitelist our server at "decorating.listserve.us" so our newsletter doesn't get put in your spam mail logs.
To Subscribe, Send Blank Email Here
Confirmation Response is Required when notified by "ListManager" to do so.
DECOR SECRETS REVEALED
Completely redecorate any room in your home in half a day. Learn the secrets of interior designers using the furniture you
already own. Arrangement techniques are easy to learn and apply. Impress your spouse, children, family and friends.
Arranging Furniture Training
CORPORATE ART CONSULTANT
Start a new career as a prestigious corporate art consultant. Create beautiful offices for businesses with custom framed
art and installation services. No art degree needed. No experience needed. Train at home at your own pace. Barbara Jennings, a 20 year consultant,
teaches you how to start your own home-based business.
Corporate Art Consultant Training
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED